The Niles Senior Center provides transportation for local seniors to and from doctors appointments.
* Persons must be60+ or older. 1st come, 1st serve basisdue to availability of vehicles and volunteer drivers.
* Appointments for Niles residents only. Donations are not required, but very appreciated to help maintain vehicles.
* All appointments must be scheduled between 9am and 2pm.
*Rides must be scheduled at least 3 business days prior to your appointment, but no more that two weeks before that appointment.
*All persons using our service must be able bodied to get from the pick- up site to the vehicle. Our drivers will assist you, but CAN'T transfer you . If you require more assistance, you will be asked to have a care giver with you. We are not medically trained.
* Our volunteer drivers can not sign discharge instructions and are not responsible for you after a sedation appointment. There job is to get you safely to and from your appointment.
* In reference to our wheelchair van (MV1) If a person has a motorized wheelchair, the person must be able to operate it on there own or have a helper who can assist them. Our W/C van is designed to safely lock in a manual W/C or a small base of a motorized W/C. The ramp is not designed to be loaded or unloaded in grass or gravel or accomodate oversized bariatric W/C. The volunteer driver has the right to refuse service at any time if it determined unsafe for the client, vehicle or driver.
The Niles Senior Center is looking for volunteer drivers. You use our vehicles to drive local seniors to and from their local medical appointments. Your help would be greatly appreciated. We provide transport 5 days a week. Must have a valid Drivers License. You do not need a CDL or Chauffeur's License but you will be subject to a background check, stop in and pick up a volunteer application today!
Due to a shortage of drivers, VA rides to Battle Creek are not guaranteed. We are working in conjunction with Battle Creek VA, Berrien Co. VA Office, and have posted the urgency for more drivers needed. We apologize for any inconvenience or distress this may have caused our veterans or their families. These are unpredictable times and we will continue working on getting more VA driver volunteers. Please call the Center with any questions at
Greater Niles Senior Center, Inc