The Niles Senior Center provides transportation for local seniors to and from doctors appointments.
* Persons must be 60 or older.
* We accept appointments for Niles residents only.
* All appointments must be scheduled between 9am and 2pm.
*Rides must be scheduled at least 3 business days prior to your appointment, but no more that two weeks before that appointment during COVID. This is due to scheduling conflicts of quarantining or isolating our staff who may become ill and have to shut down the center or follow executive order changes frequently. Niles Senior Center consults with BCHD & local health authorities frequently.
*Driver and passengers must be able to wear a mask the entire time covering BOTH nose & mouth during COVID.
*All persons using our service must be able bodied to get from the pick- up site to the vehicle. Our drivers will assist you, but CAN'T transfer you . If you require more assistance, you will be asked to have a care giver with you. We are not medically trained.
* Our volunteer drivers can not sign discharge instructions and are not responsible for you after a sedation appointment. There job is to get you safely to and from your appointment.
* In reference to our wheelchair van (MV1) If a person has a motorized wheelchair, the person must be able to operate it on there own or have a helper who can assist them. Our W/C van is designed to safely lock in a manual W/C or a small base of a motorized W/C. The ramp is not designed to be loaded or unloaded in grass or gravel or accomodate oversized bariatric W/C. The volunteer driver has the right to refuse service at any time if it determined unsafe for the client, vehicle or driver.
The Niles Senior Center is looking for volunteer drivers. You use our vehicles to drive local seniors to and from their local medical appointments. Your help would be greatly appreciated. We provide transport 5 days a week. Must have a valid Drivers License. You do not need a CDL or Chauffeur's License but you will be subject to a background check, stop in and pick up a volunteer application today!
Due to a shortage of drivers, VA rides to Battle Creek are not guaranteed. We are working in conjunction with Battle Creek VA, Berrien Co. VA Office, and have posted the urgency for more drivers needed. We apologize for any inconvenience or distress this may have caused our veterans or their families. These are unpredictable times and we will continue working on getting more VA driver volunteers. Please call the Center with any questions.
Greater Niles Senior Center, Inc